Your smile is one of your most valuable assets. Whether you're chatting with friends, attending a business meeting, or laughing at a joke, your teeth are on full display. Arlington Dental Clinic understands the significance of a radiant smile and offers premier dental crowns in Arlington, TX, to ensure that you can show off your teeth with confidence.
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped "cap" that's placed over a tooth to restore its shape, size, strength, and appearance. When cemented in place, the crown fully encases the visible portion of the tooth above the gum line. Dental crowns have both cosmetic and practical benefits, making them a popular choice for those looking to improve the functionality and look of their teeth.
1. Aesthetic Appeal: Dental crowns restore the shape and size of your teeth, improving the overall appearance of your smile.
2. Strength: Crowns protect weak teeth from breaking or holding together parts of a cracked tooth.
3. Restoration: Dental crowns restore already broken teeth or teeth that have been worn down.
4. Protection: They cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there aren’t a lot of teeth left. They can also shield a tooth from decay.
Not everyone requires a dental crown, but it can be beneficial in various scenarios. You might be a candidate for dental crowns in Arlington, TX if you have a weakened tooth due to decay, cracks, or other damages, which risks breaking without additional support. Individuals with discolored or misshapen teeth often opt for crowns for aesthetic reasons.
Moreover, if you've undergone a root canal treatment, crowns are typically necessary to protect the restored tooth. Those with a large filling that needs extra support might also benefit from a dental crown. During your consultation at Arlington Dental Clinic, our dentists will thoroughly examine your oral health and recommend if a crown is suitable for your specific needs.
At Arlington Dental Clinic, we ensure that the process of getting a dental crown is as comfortable and efficient as possible:
1. Initial Consultation: The first step is an assessment to determine if you require a crown or if there's a better solution to your dental issue.
2. Tooth Preparation: If a crown is deemed necessary, the tooth is prepared. This may involve reshaping the tooth to make space for the crown. An impression is then taken to ensure a precise fit.
3. Crown Fabrication: The impression is sent to a dental lab, where the crown is made. During this time, a temporary crown is often placed to protect the tooth.
4. Crown Placement: Once your dental crown is ready, you'll come back to our clinic. The dentist will fit and adjust the crown to ensure a perfect fit and then cement it into place.
With proper care, dental crowns can last for many years. It's essential to:
1. Expert Dentists: Our team comprises Dr. Gundarpi, Dr. Ummareddy, and their team of hygienists and skilled dental assistants, who specialize in dealing with dental crowns. Their expertise ensures that you get a crown that perfectly matches your natural teeth in terms of color, shape, and size.
2. Advanced Technology: We leverage cutting-edge technology to ensure that your dental crown procedure is efficient, accurate, and comfortable.
3. Personalized Treatment: Every patient's dental structure is unique. We provide personalized treatment plans tailored to meet individual needs.
4. Convenient Location: Centrally located in Arlington, TX, our clinic is easily accessible, ensuring that your appointments are hassle-free.
1. How long do dental crowns last?
With proper care, dental crowns can last between 5 to 15 years, depending on the material used and the patient's oral habits.
2. Will the crown look natural?
Absolutely! At Arlington Dental Clinic, we ensure that the crown matches the color, shape, and size of your natural teeth.
3. Does the procedure hurt?
Most patients report minimal discomfort. Local anesthesia is used to numb the tooth and surrounding area during the procedure.
4. How should I care for my temporary crown?
Avoid sticky or hard foods and try not to chew on that side of your mouth. Continue brushing and flossing but be gentle around the temporary crown.
5. Are there any risks involved?
As with any dental procedure, there are risks. However, complications are rare, especially when performed by experienced dentists at Arlington Dental Clinic.
6. How much do dental crowns cost?
The cost varies based on material and individual dental needs. Contact Arlington Dental Clinic for a personalized quote.
7. Can a crowned tooth get a cavity?
Yes, it's possible. It's essential to maintain good oral hygiene to protect both your natural teeth and crowns. If you notice a bad smell or experience pain/sensitivity coming from your crown, come in to see us as soon as possible.
8. How many visits does it take to get a dental crown?
Typically, two visits are required: one for the tooth preparation and impression and a second for placing the permanent crown.
Ready to restore your smile with dental crowns in Arlington, TX? Contact us at (817) 801-1382 or schedule online to make an appointment and let’s build you a smile you're proud to show off.